As the car rental business continues to expand, here are some pointers on why running your business on an ERP software would accelerate your growth.
The car rental industry in India is currently booming with new players and service options. Indian car rental business is growing rapidly at a (CAGR) of around 12% and is expected to be worth $15 billion in the next 5 years. This growth has also led to fierce competition. Faced with growing competition and new user demands, the car rental companies are adapting new technologies and models to innovate their services and keep the travelers happy.
In this scenario, one of the key challenges faced by business is the absence of robust systems to support this scale of growth. Since the industry is young and is innovating frequently, it needs systems that can support fast paced growth and can be customized to meet changing requirements. One of the ways to streamline operations in a scalable way is to pick a customized ERP software for car rental that is easy to implement and run.
What should you look for while selecting an ERP for car rental?
The car rental industry has become extremely customer centric. A good ERP software for car rental should strengthen the backend processes while enabling the business to deliver a great customer experience. Here are some of the features you should look for:
- Should be a robust ERP system that can seamlessly integrate all business operations into a single dashboard.
- Should provide simple, quick MIS reports for critical areas such as resource allocation, maintenance schedules, invoicing.
- Should help in optimizing operations and finances
- Should track Registration and allocation
- Do real time fleet tracking and management
- Should be able to do agent wise cab allocation
- Driver verification and compliance
An ERP software for car rental that meets these features should benefit your business by:
- Delivering a great end consumer experience
- Enhancing the agility of all PoS and customer service systems
- Optimizing asset and infrastructure utilization
- Improving operational efficiency for each department
- Enabling smarter, faster informed decisions