Are you in finance, marketing, sales or administration sector? If yes, then it is for sure that you have observed a huge volume of data crawling in your day-to-day activities. This data will keep increasing as your business grows. The biggest challenge is how to achieve desired output from this data to make key decisions.
Let us understand it with the help of an example. Just imagine that you have massive amount of data and you want to get some information. So, how will you get this information? Maybe, through a graph or a chart? To make any decision, the first step is to select a data visualization tool that can help you in analyzing data. You will agree, that visualization is the best way to understand various data sets. There are a lot of data visualization tools assisting you to generate various reports for a better growth.
Let us discuss the two major data visualization tools, their features, and visual effects to understand how you can interact with the data.
Tableau helps you create intuitive data visualizations very smoothly and effectively. It is an easy and comprehensible tool that can easily be used by technical as well as non-technical people. It even allows you to embed visualization on to your website.
The main features of Tableau are:
- It provides fast analytics, which means that you can easily link and envisage data within minutes.
- Tableau is user friendly. It doesn’t matter whether you are technical or non-technical, just follow the drag and drop This means that you do not require any programming skills!
- There is no limit in exploring data – be it spreadsheets, databases, Hadoop, or cloud services.
- You have a facility of smart dashboards, where you can experiment and combine more than one views of data to get a richer look.
- You can get the fresh data or automatic updates on a defined schedule.
- Share the information within seconds! Just few clicks and you are all set to share it live on the web or any mobile device. Isn’t it amazing.
- Are you interested in trying it before making a purchase? No worries. Tableau allows you to store up to 50mb of data (with free plan).
- With Tableau custom geocoding feature, you can plot street addresses or unrecognized geographic locations on a map.
Power BI comes with a variety of standard visualization features including basic reports that you usually would like to view. It has the capability of delivering insights throughout your organization.
You can easily connect to a large volume of data sources and prepare your analysis. You can effortlessly generate interactive reports for the Web as well as mobile devices. It even allows you to create personalized dashboards to achieve desired results.
The main features of Power BI are:
- You are allowed to avail the feature of Custom Visual Gallery. This means that either you use pre-defined visuals or submit one of yours for others to use.
- Schedule data refresh to get the latest data. It will help you view updated reports and dashboards.
- Talk about any latest feature and it will be there in Power BI. For example, fill maps, combo charts, tree maps, gauges, and funnel charts.
- You can even use the cloud-based Power BI service.
These data visualization tools allow you to go deep insight the data in a single glance. It is similar to your car dashboard, where you can monitor key metrics with indications on when to slow down, speed up or refuel. There are a lot of tools available in the market but Tableau and Power BI are the ones that are considered best when it comes to data visualization!