SAP Business One is highly popular management software, especially tailored to the requirements of small and mid sized enterprises. Owned by SAP SE, the German multinational, SAP Business One is an ERP solution that helps automate key functions in operations, finance, human resource and other departments within an organization. The basic SAP Business One integrates 13 functional modules that cover all the typical functions in a business process. They address:
- Administration – setup of process based applications
- Financials – journal entries and Chart of Accounts
- Sales A/R – sales flow management, specifically Quotation > Order > Delivery > Invoice
- Purchasing A/P – purchase flow management, specifically Quotation > Order > Delivery > Invoice
- Opportunities – lead generation to track potential purchases and sales
- Banking – payment of sales and purchases are maintained
- Business Partners – maintenance of master data for leads, suppliers and customers
- Inventory – tracking master data for goods and their quantities in warehouses
- Production – estimation of orders and syncing it with the raw material acquisition
- Resources – maintenance of master data for both machine and labor used in production process
- Service – management of contracts and service calls
- Human resource – maintenance of employee master database, their contact, roles, names, salary, etc
- Material requirement planning (MRP) – estimating future recommendations for sales and productions
Now, each of these modules in SAP Business One ERP solutions is linked to every other module to streamline the whole process of business functioning. This makes it easier for companies to carry out the growing operations of business and eliminate all forms of human error in the maintenance/calculation of records.
A professional SAP B1 Partner will also ensure that your application is customized according to the changing nature of the business and that you are able to get more benefits out of the investments. Several new tools like report generation, analytics, etc have changed the way small businesses and startups could enter new markets with targeted offerings. Overall, it can be rightly said that SAP Business One is changing the face of modern marketplaces by making new entrants more competitive and agile.