A successful SAP Implementation increases the efficiency of various organizational processes. Before starting anything, the team should understand which processes should be targeted and which should be left as they are. If only it was as simple as waving a magic wand right? SAP B1 partners say that if the processes are not analyzed properly, it would not be possible to achieve the desired results. So how does one go about this process? Read on to find out.
The Steps of Analyzing
Analyzing different processes is very important and this step can determine the course of the implementation. This is where the resources and tools required can be identified, thus encouraging optimal usage of resources throughout the implementation. This is where you can identify if you need any add-ons such as SAP Business One Add On for manufacturing or can they be skipped. These are some ways by which you can go about analyzing organizational processes for SAP implementation:
– Identifying the processes: Focusing on the right processes makes all the difference. There will be some processes which will require attention than the others and some will be more important than the others. Prioritize such processes and allocate time for them accordingly. Figure out which processes are broken and require more work and which ones are working efficiently.
– Understanding the Design of the processes: It is important to understand that not every process has the same design, which changes the kind and amount of work needs to be done upon it. Start the implementation with a simple process and then graduate to a more complex one. It’s always an ideal situation to start with simple things and it boosts morale as well. Document all these processes as you proceed through the scale of simple to complex.
– Identify all the key aspects: In any sport, every player in the team will display different strengths and weaknesses. Some come out as key players who have a strong hand in the final results. Likewise, every process is comprised of some key factors that can determine the success or failure of the implementation. Communicate with every team member to determine the key aspects and proceed accordingly with the processes. This is where you should determine the importance of add-ons for difference processes such as SAP Business One Add On for manufacturing.
– Eliminate bottlenecks in the processes: Once the previous three steps are completed, you will know which process stands where and how one should treat them during the implementation. Certain processes may display some bottlenecks which should be eliminated before implementing the new SAP solution. If the inefficient processes are not addressed and their bottlenecks are not improved, even the best of SAP solutions would not perform well rendering them inefficient.
– Recording, testing and documenting the processes: If you don’t keep a record of the analyzing process, you will definitely miss out some important aspect or the other. Remember to document the reports in a concise, clear and easy-to-understand manner. Note down all the mistakes and errors as well. Test the documentation and ensure that there is no bias while documenting. Based on testing, modify the documentation if necessary. Once all this is done evaluate all the processes individually once again and then you can proceed with the implementation.
Now that you know the tricks, you really don’t need a magic wand. Gather your best team members and spend considerable time for analyzing. This step might be tricky at some points and you may be facing a massive roadblock. Don’t let such moments bog you down, rather take a step back and gain a new perspective to tackle the problems. If the task proves a little more daunting and overwhelming than expected, don’t hesitate to get in touch with SAP B1 partners who will gladly lend a helping hand.
There are quite a few steps you need to climb before arriving at the actual implementation stages. Missing any one step would mean you tripping back to ground zero and starting all over again. You don’t want that to happen and risk losing time, money and other resources. Might as well invest a little more time in the beginning and then sit back and watch as the implementation leads your business towards success.
with SAP Business One
Trusted by 60,000+ customers worldwide
ERP is being used in almost every industry, and the possibilities it offers are not about to diminish anytime...
With a competitive market for SAP Business One players, it may seem overwhelming to choose the best. The need...
The construction business continues to grow at a faster pace than ever. The opportunities in the construction industry are...
Streamline your business processes and improve productivity using our cutting edge ERP solutions & service offerings custom built for small and medium enterprises.
Our e-Governance solutions enable the government to reduce operational complexities and help citizens, businesses & government bodies to leverage technology to access public services with ease.
Our products portfolio comprises of business automation software’ that helps you focus on high-value tasks and improves organizational efficiency by automating repetitive human tasks, process workflows, data capture & decision making.
Get actionable business insights with our cutting edge BI products & consulting services. Make informed decisions and improve business efficiency with real-time analytics.