All of us are caught in this whirlwind of data. With about some billions of bytes getting created every second, data is growing faster than ever before.
Here are some quirky, must know, facts about data that’s exploding every second as you read this:
- 4300% increase in annual data production by 2020.
- This means we would have 1.7 megabytes of new information created per second for every human being on this earth.
- Digital universe would touch 44 trillion gigabytes.
- 2,485,853 emails sent in one second.
- 121,627 YT videos viewed per second.
- 54, 010 searches on Google per second, 1.2 trillion searches in a year.
- 7190 tweets sent on Twitter every second.
- 2018 Skype calls per second.
- 300 petabytes of data stored by Facebook
- 25 million messages shared on Facebook every minute.
- 1 billion smartphones by 2020
- IoT will jump to 1 billion by 2020.
- We will have over 50 billion smart connected devices in the world, all developed to collect, analyze and share data by 2025.
- Almost 73% of the companies all over the world have already invested or plan to invest in big data by 2016
- Companies who learn to tame data now would be able to increase margins by atleast 60%.
- Of all the data created, only 0.5% of all data is ever analyzed!!
Well, now the question isn’t whether or not big data is here to stay; the question is are you ready for it?